ALL PORCHRAIT SESSIONS SOLD OUT
Thank you so much for the incredible response and
helping raise money and awareness for Made by Momma!
As of APril 4, 2020 - all Porchraits by Lee sessions are SOLD OUT.
There are a few amazing local photographers who have openings and waitlists, check them out and support our local entrepreneurs.
As well as Canmore photographer
Kristy Wolfe Photography
Inspired by Neil Zeller Photography & Christy Turner Photography, I am excited to join the amazing photographers across the globe offering "Porchraits" to families, small businesses, entrepreneurs and charities.
Assemble your family on the front porch, your apartment balcony or window, your back deck, in front of your garage (only if there is somewhere safe for me to capture the photo of you from), or in front of your place of work. I'll pull up from a safe distance and capture magical moments in time while maintaining more than enough social distance!
For our amazing front line workers, essential service providers, small business owners, entrepreneurs and charities, I would be honored to share your story about how Covid-19 has impacted you and how the public can help you cope via my blog, here's our very first story, "How one Brave Woman is Facing Covid-19 on the Front Lines."
In lieu of payment I will ask you instead to make a donation in any amount you can afford to Made by Momma..
Stay healthy, positive & kind and do your part to #FlattentheCurve and keep #YYCStrong.
My name is Lee Horbachewski, photography is my passion, it has helped me step out of the darkness and has taught me that when it’s dark, I adjust the settings and there is light! Most importantly, I am a Mom to two beautiful daughters, a loving wife, daughter, sister and loyal friend. Originally from Sydney, Australia, I have lived in Calgary for 26 years.
I am a volunteer with Made by Momma and have personally been witness to the many families with young children in Calgary who are facing adversity or crisis.
I am so excited to capture you and your family or coworkers on your front porch, sidewalk, from a balcony or window or in front of your work place - as long as it is safe to do so and all social distancing / mandatory self isolation protocols are honoured.
After you've made your booking, you will receive an email with an information package that covers all the details. Please read over it carefully as it includes important steps to follow to ensure social distancing protocols are in place.
- Be ready at least 15 minutes before our session time.
- Porchrait session will last for approximately 10 - 20 minutes.
- Please have your family name / business name written on a letter size piece of paper, I will take a test photo with you holding it so I can ensure the right photos go to the right family or business. If you sign a photo release, your family could get creative and share a message on a poster to keep #YYCStrong
- You can follow the What to Wear suggestions below OR ignore them completely and have some fun: dress up in formal wear, pyjamas or even maybe the sweat pants you've possibly been living in this last two weeks, you can also use props - maybe your family has been cleaning or baking up a storm, or as a entrepreneur you have a promotional flyer or product!
- As much as I absolutely love animals, to keep everyone safe and healthy I will not be able to pet or touch them.
- For your safety and mine, I will not touch any surfaces or go inside any buildings.
Important Note: Government advisories are changing every day. Each morning I read the Alberta Health website to ensure no changes to current policies have been made. In saying that, things could change at any moment and these sessions may need to be cancelled for that reason.
TIPS for What to Wear from Digital Photography School
- Wear solid coloured clothing
- Choose muted tones that are a bit subdued
- Choose similar tones for your top and bottom (both dark or both light)
- Choose 1-3 colours for your group portrait, ones with similar tones that go nicely together and have everyone work within that colour palette. For example: dark green, navy, and burgundy – all dark jewel tones. OR tan, a lighter olive green, and denims – all lighter, softer tones.
- Choose a top with sleeves at least to the elbow
- Choose long pants for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee for ladies
- Choose dark socks and footwear (unless it’s a barefoot photo on the beach)
- Keep jewellery simple and minimalistic
- Do your hair the way you’d normally do it while wearing these clothes
OR ignore all this and wear whatever you want!
In lieu of payment I will ask you instead to make a donation in any amount you can afford to Made by Momma. Once proof of donation has been received, I will do a basic edit of your photos and email you a proof gallery. From there and once I've received notification of your donation (screenshot) I will provide up to five high resolution images of your choice, at my earliest convenience.
Today is your last day to buy your Made by Momma UnGala ticket. Buy your ticket now and join in for the chance to win some great prizes AND you receive a FREE Porchrait session with me!
You can also securely donate through Canada Helps and receive an immediate tax receipt for any donation over $20.
As Made by Momma is a 100% volunteer organization all your money goes directly to helping families in need. To give you an idea of where money goes here is a list:
*** Remember, no amount is too small or too large... every little bit counts! ***
They say it takes a village to raise a child, but many families in Calgary do not have a village or support system to rely on. When faced with adversity or crisis, such as serious illness, postpartum depression, the birth of multiple children or loss of employment, these families have no one to turn to for help. Made by Momma is there to be that support system - the village - for families with young children.
Their mission is to provide wholesome nourishment and nurturing care to mothers and young children experiencing situations of adversity or crisis. Their practical support includes providing healthy prepared meals, wholesome homemade baked goods, baby and children's essentials, supportive in home visits (currently being provided over the phone due to Covid-19), and seasonal support to allow mothers the time they need to rest, recover and focus on their families and their health. In 2019 support from people like you ensured over 7,000 Calgarians didn't have to face crisis alone.